Friday, February 18, 2005

i don't find faith easy

I envy those people that find it easy to believe. For me the journey of faith is a rocky one. There are moments when I am really unsure and then there are moments I feel certain, but the certain moments are not as often as I would like.
I often cry out to God that he would reveal himself in a sign of some kind, but to date this has not happened.
I hear amazing testimonies of answered prayer from people I respect and believe and yet I still harbour a cynical side.
The part of the bible that most resonates with me is the phrase, "I believe, help my unbelief."
My prayer today is this, "Lord thank you that you hold on to me even in my moments of doubt, help me know you more and more so that my knowing you would encourage others to walk with you as well."

No comments: