Wednesday, March 23, 2005

prayer is a funny thing

Frankly, I can't work God out sometimes, and that is probably a good thing.
I've discovered that when I pray that for some bizarre reason God takes about 3 months before answering my prayer. This is not true for others that I talk to, but it seems to have been a constant feature of my journey with God.
For example about three months ago I was praying that I would become a person who was happy, encouraging and able to listen. I don't feel that way very much, but in the last week I've had a significant number of people mention those exact characteristics.
Why does God take this amount of time to answer my prayer? I really have no idea. I personally would prefer it was more immediate, but I'm getting used to a very radical idea, the idea that God actually knows better than me.

No comments: