Monday, January 09, 2006

in my view (15 Jan 2006)

IN MY VIEW by Pastor Pete
In my view here are some of the most important components to growing into a mature follower of Jesus:
(1) A personal devotional time with God. This is time set aside to listen to and talk with God by reading the bible, praying and listening. If you don't do this then I challenge you to make a commitment to every day pick up your bible and spend at least a couple of minutes in the presence of God. (Five minutes every day is a good beginning which you can then build on.)
(2) To weekly be part of a worshipping community. This is time set aside to worship God in community and to hear the bible taught as well as a good opportunity to build relationships with others committed to being disciples of Jesus.
(3) To weekly meet with 3-10 others in a small group where you can really grapple with how to live as a disciple of Jesus.
My personal experience has been that (2) is the easiest, (1) the hardiest and (3) the most helpful and challenging, but until I had all three happening I didn't really move forward.
I encourage you this week to take a step forward and put in place these three important components.
May God bless you this week.

No comments: