Monday, April 20, 2009

Little things

Have you ever noticed that its the little things in life that end up making a big difference. I recently ran my first marathon with the goal of trying to run it in under 4 hours. My end time was 4.00.03. It was great to achieve the goal of finishing but it's hard not to think that having to go to the loo because I drank too much or the few seconds I lost when I dropped my ipod as the reason why I just missed out. Oh well, in this case it doesn't really matter, but I wonder how often we miss out on the important things of life, like great relationships with God, Self and Others, because we've neglected the little things like helping, caring, speaking kindly, remembering birthdays, saying thanks, doing the dishes, etc.
An old saying says, 'Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.' So I encourage you today to think about the little things that end up making a big difference.

No comments: