Monday, August 29, 2005

in my view 29/08/05

In my view one of the most important and beautifully distinctive features of Christianity is the concept of grace. The reality of grace is an amazing thing to experience. When someone treats me not as I deserve but as God would, then I know I have experienced something truly divine. I am lucky enough to have received grace filled forgiveness a number of times in my personal and ministry life and it is one thing that helps me cling to God when times get tough and rough.
Wouldn’t it be a beautiful thing if CMP was known as a place where grace is practiced in large measure? Wouldn’t it be a magnificent testimony to God if we became known as a people who don’t take offence easily, who forgive quickly and completely, and who choose to view the good and not the bad in each other.
I know that to be the minister at CMP in the years ahead I will require your gracious acts of grace, mercy and forgiveness as I make mistakes. I hope and pray that together we might walk a journey that proclaims loudly and proudly that we are Christians and that it is evident because of our love for each other.
This kind of thing can only happen as we are lovingly honest and upfront with each other, so please don’t hesitate to talk with me if there is something I have done that you’ve been offended by. We may not always agree but I hope that we can learn to love and appreciate each other more as we walk through and not around the difficulties that will inevitably arise.

(Church in the Market Place Newsletter, 04/09/05)

No comments: