Monday, August 14, 2006

'the experiment'

IN MY VIEW by Pastor Pete (Newsletter of CMP for 20 August 2006)
In my view we tend to over estimate what can be done in the short-term and under estimate what can be done in the long-term. Let me explain.
I'm not sure how many times I heard someone say some variation of the following: "If everyone was to just invite 2 other people and they invited 2 others then ..."
It's true, that if this were to happen then big things would happen, the problem is that its trying to do quickly that which can only be done over the long-term.
So I want to encourage you to do try this experiment and I think you'll be amazed at just how much God can do through your life, it's not a short-term fix, but in the long-term your life will have an impact that will astound you.
THE EXPERIMENT:
Step 1: Spend some time with God and ask him this question. "What is the one habit, behaviour or attitude you most want me to change in my life?
Step 2: Make a decision that for the next 30-60 days changing this one habit, behaviour or attidude will be your major priority in your spiritual journey.
Step 3: Share your decision with one other person and ask them to pray for you and ask you regularly how you are going.
Step 4: FOCUS on making this ONE change. When the new habit, behaviour or attitude has become part of you THEN go back to Step 1.
FINAL NOTE: People who try to change too many things at once mostly change nothing. People who focus on ONE thing at a time and keep on repeating that process achieve tremendous change over time.

No comments: