Friday, November 21, 2008

love

A helpful concept that is floating around in my head and heart at present is that all of lifes moments are a test. Not a test designed to try and trip me up, but a test lovingly given to me by God to help me see if I believe that he truly loves me. Each opportunity that comes is an opportunity for me to believe or disbelieve God's way which is essentially an opportunity to believe that God truly only has love for me in mind. When a choice presents itself before me, I can believe God loves me and do that which he calls me to do, or I can believe that God doesn't really love me and make the choice that satisfies my short-term desire.
All of life it seems to me is an opportunity to love God, love self and to love others because Jesus said the greatest command is to love God and the second is to love your neighbour as yourself.
My prayer is this: Lord, help me today to believe you love me so much that I choose to live life your way because that ultimately is the best way to live.

No comments: