Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Joy Exercise 15: Values

Here are five values that I think help create a joyful life, I call them the 5w's.
  • The value of WELCOME which is about being a person who makes other people feel welcomed and valued in your presence. We do this through our greeting, our body language, our tone, but I reckon mostly through our eyes. If you smile at a person with your eyes and mean it, they will know they are valued and loved.
  • The value of WORSHIP which is about puttig God as central to our life. It can be as simple as a daily affirmation/prayer like, 'Dear God, today I want to honour you in my life, guide me to know, love and obey you in all I do as I seek to love you, myself and others.
  • The value of WONDER which is about consciously noting the good things in and around your life and having a sense of wonder about how lucky we really are. Note for example that the average Australian has an income that places them in the top 3% of income earners in all history.
  • The value of the WORD which is about regularly going to the Word of God, the bible, and getting inspiration and guidance for how to live life.
  • The value of WORKS which is about living out what you believe so that we make the world a better place for everyone.

No comments: