Monday, November 02, 2009

Joy Exercise 10: Know where you are going

Happy people tend to decide to be happy and are proactive about the things that make them happy rather than passively expecting happiness to descend in the midst of a unfocused life.
I know that getting focused and being goal orientated can go too far, but I suspect for most people it hasn't even started. Amazingly only 3% of the population will have any written goals and this correlates with the 3% of people who seem to achieve much more than the rest of the population.
A helpful book to start to reflect on this idea is 'Seven Habits of Highly Effective People' by Stephen Covey. You will find it in virtually any library or bookshop. There's a summary of the book at the link I've provided.
Or you might simply begin by reflecting on this question: What am I wanting to achieve (be specific) and what could I do today to move me one step closer?

No comments: