Saturday, October 08, 2005

create your own ring tones

I was looking a ring tones and decided that rather than pay for new ones it would be better to make my own. Here is how I did it. (Assuming you can connect your phone to your computer - mine is an O2.)
(1) Grab some freeware audio files such as available at http://simplythebest.net/sounds/MP3/sound_effects_MP3/index.html
(2) Download the file into an mp3 maker programme such as MAGIX mp3 maker.
(3) Convert the file to an mp3 file and save it to a place that you can find the file.
(4) Connect your phone to your computer and then transfer the file into the appropriate folder on your phone. (For me this was: My Pocket PC/Windows/Rings)
(5) Select the ring tone on your phone. (For O2: Settings/Sounds & Notifications/Notifications/1. Select an event/ Phone: Incoming call ... and then select file in the "Ring Tone" drop down menu.)
(6) Have fun with your new ringtones.

No comments: