Thursday, October 20, 2005

so what are we aiming at?

Sitting here and it's 11.30pm and I'm just conjugating. (Is that a word?)
I've been reading "Leadership" by Tom Peters and I've been challenged, provoked, pushed, shoved into thinking about my core ministry value/goal.
I ask myself the question about what is it that I'm aiming for?
I ask myself that if I was allowed only one goal what would it be?
I ask myself what is it I want on my tombstone in regard to my ministry?
Here it is, this is my heartbeat, this is my passion, this is what I'm prepared to give my life for.
"To create small group communities of 5 Jesus followers who gather weekly for the express purpose of loving God and each other and who are committed to do whatever is needed to grow to 10 Jesus followers within the next 12 months, then multiply and do it again."
In my opinion this is the most important important and most transforming thing the church can do. If this is all the church did it would please God.

No comments: