Monday, July 11, 2005

in my view (cmp newsletter for 17 July 2005)

IN MY VIEW by Pastor Pete
In my view one of the best uses of 90 minutes of my time is to attend a good small group. I’m personally of the view that if a person has to choose between either attending a church service or a small group that in most cases they would be best to attend the small group.
Am I saying that attending a church service is unimportant? NO! It’s just that I think attending a good small group is of immense importance.
Now what do I mean by a good small group? I think a good small group has a number of key ingredients.
(1) The group meets weekly and is between 4-15 in size.
(2) The members of the group regularly talk and pray about how to invite new people into the group.
(3) The group is prepared to start a new group when it gets too big to continue as one group.
(4) The group spends time reflecting on the teaching of the bible and how to apply it to their lives.
(5) The group spends time praying for each other.
(6) The group gives opportunity for members of the group to exercise their spiritual gifts.
(7) The group regularly spends time having fun together by doing something social.
Do you belong to a good small group? If you don’t then I encourage you to find a good small group in your local church.

No comments: