Monday, August 16, 2004

emotion

I'm trying to decide if new behaviour can bring new emotion.
Here's the rub. I'm a Kiwi and therefore find it really hard to cheer for an Aussie. But since I'm now an Aussie citizen I think I need to get over this hurdle.
The reality is that I would rather Aussie lose than win, unless playing the USA.
But the other morning I got up at 3am to cheer on Thorpe and Hackett. I didn't really feel like it, but after making the effort I can feel the early stirrings of emotion. It might only be 1%, maybe 2%, but its starting. As the olympics go on I will continue this experiment and maybe by the end I'll be a fullblooded Aussie supporter except of course when they compete against my beloved NZ.
"Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda. Who'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me?"

No comments: