Wednesday, August 18, 2004

little things

Have you noticed that little things are not always so little. One of the most significant caring things that anybody has ever done was when a friend simple turned up and mowed my lawn. I hated mowing my lawn and my friend was caring enough to do something for me that I would really appreciate.
There is a great book called "Love Languages" by Gary Chapman (I think!) which helps you discover how you can give and receive love in a way that really counts.
Often it's not the 'size' of what you do, but 'what' you do that really makes the difference.
So why not do something for someone today that they would appreciate rather than what you think you would appreciate. But here's the real rub - you have to care enough to find out what they would appreciate in the first place.

No comments: