Tuesday, August 17, 2004

a world class stirrer

Have you ever sat down and considered the writers who have most influenced your thinking?
One of my personal heroes is a guy called Tom Peters. Personally I think his worldview is wrong, he comments over the top, his perspectives sometimes wacky, but oh do I love the way he stirs me, challenges me, provokes me, and gets me to think from another perspective.
There are times I want to hug him, times I want to kill him, but never times I think, "gee that was nice."
To Tom Peters, and I agree, the worse thing is just doing a "nice job". Personally I want to achieve or blow it big time. The famous baseball player Babe Ruth had both the greatest 'strike rate' and the greatest 'strike out rate' in baseball history. (I think that's right.)
My prayer today is this, "God help me to take a big swing, sure I might miss, but if I connect the home run will be worth all the pain."

No comments: