Friday, October 08, 2004

great relationships

"Great relationships thrive on learning, anticipation, and surprise. When you know everything there is to know, there is nothing left to discover. No more wonder, no more opportunities." (Lovemarks, p82)

Recently I was in my office having a chat with someone I had pegged as an average ordinary older conservative Christian BUT then I heard her story and was blown away by how God had been active in her life. Her story paralleled some of my own story but at points went much deeper than mine. Her story has reminded me that God is an amazing God doing extraordinary things in the lives of otherwise ordinary people.
The more I listen the more I discover the incredible ways that God is active in and through the lives of seemingly average people.
"Lord help me listen more so that I can hear and be inspired by the ways you are actively and significantly at work in the lives of those around me."

No comments: