Tuesday, October 05, 2004

makes me think

Just got back from Blackstump which is a huge Christian Festival where I heard Tony Campolo. Tony makes me laugh and at the same time slips a knife through my heart and changes me.
The thing that got me this time is when he talked about Jesus healing. He made the point the even the healing Jesus performed was transitory. For example he raised Lazarus from the dead, but Lazarus died again.
Tony's point was as amazing as the healings were, the primary point was that healing was always an expression of his profound love. He loved therefore he acted in power. His love is the primary issue, the act of power in healing is important but secondary to his love.
Though I may never raise someone from the dead I can at the very least be motivated to act out of love to do all I can.
The question for me today is whether I am prepared to love others no matter the cost - because that is the example Jesus calls me to follow.

No comments: