Thursday, June 30, 2005

friendship places

From "In My View" by Pastor Pete, published in church newsletter.
In my view a well developed friendship requires that we spend time in three different places, let me explain.
In the diagram you will notice that there are three places, “Your Place”, “My Place” and “Our Place”.
Most attenders of this church only know each other in the “Our Place” of the CMP building. For your relationship to move from acquaintance to friendship I believe that you need to make sure to spend some time at “My Place”, perhaps by inviting someone for lunch, and also some time at “Your Place” by being invited into someone else’s places.
Why is this important? Because when we spend time with people in different “places” we discover much more about the other person and they discover more about us.
I want to encourage and challenge you to spend some time thinking about who you could invite into your own space, somewhere outside of this building, and be willing to respond positively to invitations from others to enter their space. As we do this we move from acquaintance to friendship and in the process we become the body of God that he has called us to be.

No comments: