Thursday, June 16, 2005

what if?

Questions are powerful. Just listening to a Philosophy lecture on Plato's Republic and how Socrates was so influential precisely because he asked questions, particularly questions without a 'correct' answer that is implied.
Just started reading "Zap the Gaps" by K Blanchard & others, and he talks about not going to the solution too quickly, that is to spend time trying to ascertain the real root of the problem, and this implies the need to ask questions.
Some of the questions I'm mulling over at present are ...
"What if there isn't a God?" and the followup is ... "What other explanations for what is here, is there?"
"Am I guilty or am I just guilty of guilt?" (This comes from Francis Schaeffer and I'll explain it one day.)
"How do I change my habits?"
"Is what I'm doing worth it?"
"Why?" (This is one of my favourite questions.)

No comments: