Thursday, June 30, 2005

wisdom in partnership

I make decisions fast, my wife takes more time ... I've come to the conclusion that she is for the most part a better decision maker.
I spend a lot of time considering our future financial state, my wife just deals with it day to day ... I've come to the conclusion that I'm better at looking after our financial situation.
I'm more rational, my wife more emotional ... I've come to the conclusion that both are necessary.
I love to start new things and take risks, my wife is more conservative ... I've come to the conclusion we make a good partnership.
Some people say marriage is a 50/50 thing, I say its a 100/100 arrangement where we both seek to give to the other 100% of who we are.
Some people say marriage is an old fashion thing, I say its the second best thing I ever did. (Best thing was deciding to be a follower of Jesus.)
Some people say we need to be independent, I say we need more interdependence.
Some people say life is what you make it, I say life is a precious gift given by God for which we should be profoundly grateful.
Some people say God is a crutch, I agree, but then a cripple needs a crutch and I'm not ashamed of my profound need for God.

No comments: