Monday, September 20, 2004

imagine

I have a confession to make. Every few years I buy a lotto ticket and dream of winning the big one. I buy the ticket and then usually that night I write a plan about what I would do if I won the 19 (or whatever it is) million dollar prize. The plan normally involves who I would seek advice from and how I would go about investing and distributing the funds.
The funny thing is that I don't think winning the big dollars would necessarily make me happier or change my mind about what I love to do with my life. Sure it would open some opportunities but would it necessarily mean I'd be a better person, love people more, be kinder, be more joyful?
What would you do if you won the big prize?
Guess what, the biggest prize is actually available for free, by grace, for those who seek God and willing to acknowledge their inability to be good enough to make it in their own strength.
In the end I'm glad I haven't won the big prize, but I guess in another year or so I'll pay my $5 and try again.

No comments: