Wednesday, September 22, 2004

my second confession of the week

Okay here's another confession. I'm a control freak. But the redeeming fact is that I'm slowly discovering the bizarre truth that the more control you exercise the less you actually have.
One of the reasons the economies of the West have done better than the controlling economies of communism is that control has been released. (Yes that's simplistic.)
At the moment I'm involved in a very uncontrolled discussion about faith issues called the 'post alpha discussion group', and I'm discovering (slowly) that when you release people to explore issues then you don't have to be so concerned about controlling the outcome.
The secret I think is to make less dogmatic statements and ask more exploring questions.
I'm still learning but this is my prayer.
"Lord help me become a master question asker."

No comments: