Thursday, September 16, 2004

spiritual bi-polar

Here's a confession, I wonder if anyone can relate. I sometimes feel I have a problem I call spiritual bi-polar. I seem to have highs of absolute certainty of faith followed often rapidly by lows of uncertainty. The highs are great but the lows are a real challenge.
I guess from a biblical perspective that's not an unusual thing. But so often speakers in church make it sound as if its all about the highs - I'm not so sure about that.
I once remember hearing someone say that we should never make major life decisions when we are either on a high or a low. I think that's pretty good advice. I can't wait to experience a day in the middle. Bless ya and have an interesting day. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete, I totally relate, I'm still waiting for the spiritual middle ground. Decisions based on our faith in christ rather than our feelings are perhaps the way to go.
Deb